Weekly Reader: Summer Express (Between Grades K & 1st)
Give children a head start in school! This colorful, fun-filled workbook is designed to reinforce skills through engaging activities. With more than 100 curriculum-based pages — arranged in a progressive, 10-week format — targeting vocabulary, reading, writing, phonics, grammar, math, and more this book will help prepare kindergartners for first grade. A summer’s worth of great learning from the trusted editors of Weekly Reader.
• Curriculum-based pages help reinforce vocabulary, grammar, writing, reading, math skills, and more
• Helps prevent summer learning loss and prepares students for the coming school year
• 100 activity pages arranged in a progressive, 10-week format
• Suggestions for quick and easy activities to enhance learning and fun
• Colorful stickers for completing each activity
• A weekly incentive chart and certificate
• From the team who brings you the trusted classroom magazine, Weekly Reader
"These Weekly Reader Summer Express books are just loaded with learning experiences, wrapped in lots of fun. And, my twin grandchildren feel like "big kids" having this book to carry around! These (I have two of them) are great for quiet time and some one on one with the little ones. Very colorful, never boring - everybody is always eager to see what the pages hold. It's good practice, too, over the summer, to be ready for school in the fall." --Barbara McArthur
"This is great! I got this for my son for the upcoming summer. I wanted to make sure he doesn't lose the information and skills he's learning this year in Kindergarten. There are 128 pages separated by weeks(10) and then by days. Each day has 2 pages alternating between language arts and math. It covers alphabet, counting, rhyming, silent vowels and regular, sight words, patterns, shapes, reading comprehension, addition and subtraction.. I think that covers pretty much the topics. There is also a complete answer key in the back. Nothing difficult for a child who has finished Kindergarten or lengthy but just enough to keep them remembering the things they have learned. It also includes a certificate of completion and a page of stickers (stars). I'm so grateful for books like this so I don't have to "re-teach" my child for weeks when school starts again in the fall." --Belinda G.